Friday, March 20, 2009

Strolling with Little Makayla

Today has been such a glorious day that the kids and I keep saying it feels like Saturday. Cindy, the kids 4H leader, called this morning to see if I would watch her little Makayla - 9 months old - during the 4H meeting. We hold our monthly meetings at The Crosby Arboretum. It is such a pretty place with trails leading all over and signs to tell you all about the plants and landscape. I was all too happy to volunteer to push Makayla around in her stroller and enjoy the flowers and scenery. It is 70 degrees today with a nice spring breeze so you know I was in outdoor heaven. I was talking to her and owing and ahing over all the flowers. I told her how it had been 15 years since I pushed my little Makayla around in a stroller. She laughed at me some and cryed some too. But eventually the bump bump bump of the stroller along the path lulled her to sleep. After the meeting we met up with everyone and helped plant some flowers in the butterfly garden that our club is sponsoring at the Arboretum. Thank you Lord for the beautiful day and the chance to play with a baby that isn't mine. And we thank you for the friends that the kids have made this year since we moved here!!! So many things to give thanks and praise for!!!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

CarJax said...

What a perfectly wonderful day. Loved hearing about it and seeing your beautiful pictures. Ahhhh. It also felt like a Saturday here today. Gorgeous clear blue skies and not too cold. Love U bunches, Jax