Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lunch time conversation

The saying - Kids say the darnest things - is alive and well at our house. Yesterday at lunch Nick, Alli and I sat down to eat together. For lunch we each fix our own thing and then wait until every one's ready to eat. Alli decided to heat up some Spaghetti left over from dinner the night before. As we sat there eating she said " I could be a Frenchmen because I just love this Spaghetti." I laughed " Spaghetti is Italian." "Yes, I know that's why I could be a Frenchmen." Spaghetti or no spaghetti I was having a hard time seeing our "baby" with a small dark mustache, wearing a beanie and saying we we. Can you tell Ive never been to France? ( and why not I ask you?!) Anyway - back to the Italian loving Frenchman. "Well sis, you would be an Italian if you love Italian food not a Frenchman." Well whats the difference? "Well, French food is.... its...uh..." I really didn't know how to describe French food. Thats where Nick chimes in - "its - whats the word? - Orgay." "ORGAY? - you mean organic?" "Yes - organic" Right about now I had to cover my mouth with my napkin because I didn't want to send my Mexican food flying out over the table. Whenever Mom is really laughing everyone usually cracks up too. After the laughter quieted down some I said " I don't think French food is Orgay or organic." Nick said he was trying to think of something he had heard on Ratatouille (sp). I assured him it wasn't orgay and that maybe dad needed to take us all to France so we could get this figured out or at least to a French restaurant.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

CarJax said...

Love it! Wii, wii! :)

Makayla said...

This made my day smilie!!! I L<3ve you guys! I miss y'all when I'm at school!

Mer said...

If I had to describe French food, I would say it is artistically presented, but there's not much of it (portion-wise). That is the impression I get, anyway. Can't say I've ever been to France either. ;)

Barb said...

Hi Love all your blogs!!! Do you suppose Nick meant "gormet". I have been to France but I would probably have a hard time with the defination. Gormet would suit me. ^)^ Love, mom
Love the kite story too & love the flowers you saw along the trail. Keep em comin please

Bonnie said...

You know I think mom is right - he did mean Gormet - but I never thought of that. Thanks Mom!!