Sunday, February 22, 2009

Strike A Pose

A picture is worth a thousand words - and 4 pictures, well... But that really just gives you a glimpse of the wonderful time Makayla had with her friends yesterday. On the way up Makayla was saying how excited she was - going to the mall with friends and actually having money in her wallet. " I have 99.00 dollars Y'all" was said several times in the hour drive up to Hattisburg. It makes me smile when she talks Southern. Its natural for her now - she celebrated her 3rd birthday shortly after we moved to the South. It was that 3rd birthday that she got her dress up truck filled with all kinds of flowing dresses and scarfs and high heels - all of which I had found at the Goodwill. Alot of those dresses and such are stilled pulled out of the trunk when they have friends over. I laughed and said "yeah and on the way home you will be saying I had such a good time y'all and I have .99 cents left. I was close - she had 2.00 in her wallet when they dragged their weary shopped til they dropped bodys back to the car. I went with them to a couple of stores to get some pictures and then turned them loose. Besides there was Pier 1 and Super Target calling my name. On the drive home we were all happy with our purchases, our tummys were full of pizza and we each had a double scoop in a cup for the ride home. Ahh... They sang and laughed all the way home and I couldn't have been happier for Makayla. It seems like alot of times she has such high hopes for an event or something she is planning and then it doesn't work out like she thought. ( thats the way it is for all of us) You can see the disappointment in her eyes for a brief moment but she never really says too much. She wants to make sure everyone else is happy and wants to keep the peace. So if I can ever plan a special day for her that exceeds her expectations and just fills her love tank to over flowing then you know my
Moma heart is just as full and over flowing. I smiled all the way home and just listened to the fun coming up from the back seat. Once again all I can say is I Praise You Lord for such a great day and for such a wonderful daughter and I Praise You for your great Mercy and for your Loving Hand on our lives!!!!!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Christine said...

I love how this party just keeps on going!!! Wooo Hooo! Before we know it she is going to be 16 and the 15th party is still going on!....lol

Hey I am with you Bonnie to Pier One we go! Man I love that store!

I love the picture of the girls in the store window...lol

We were at the North Lake Mall in down town Seattle a few years back and I am like, "where did the twins go to?" Dave goes, "I don't know but man those dummies in the window sure do look a lot like them , don't ya think?" I looked over and it was them!!!!....lol

Well I have said it once and I'll say it again, Happy Birthday to Makayla! What a beautiful family you have Bonnie!

CarJax said...

I love it! What a fun outing! And some time off shopping alone is always welcome too. Thanks for keeping my love tank full of pictures. :O) Love U bunches, Jax

P.S. Come see my new look. ???

Barb said...

Hi Bonnie, once we got you on the blog there is just no stopping you and boy are we GLAD!!! I like your style and so enjoy the details and of course the pictures are great. My favorite one is the 3 girls in there sun glasses and hats. That is soooo fun and funny!
I would like a picture like that if possible. Sounds like you did some shopping to do on your own and I know how you LOVE to shop. I'll Never forget how you shopped until I almost dropped right after giving birth to Allie. I don't know how you did it but it must have been that withdrawal for a couple of days when you were in the hospital that spurred you on. ^)^ Anyway I LOVE your blog and keep up the good work. LOVE, mom

CarJax said...

Hi Bons. Thanks for your note. I love your new look too! Hugs, Jax

CarJax said...

Hi Bons,

I wanted to let you know I'm having my very first give-away!

Hugs,

Jax