Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Cat Days of Winter

Not much of today seemed like February 8th. It seemed more like an April day with the warming Spring sun shining down on us. Whiskers aka Smokey, Makayla, Milo and I all referred to it as The Cat Days of Winter. If the forecast is right we will be purring all week. ALL WEEK - I tell you. The only thing that comes to mind is PRAISE the LORD!!! Why is a Southern Girl so excited about warm weather - I'll tell you why- because my blood is very thin and when its cold - I freeze my boiled taters off. Not Good. Those of you who live in the North are use to cold weather. You like it - you wear fur hats and such. People look at me funny when I wear my fur hat to Walmart when its 45 degrees out. Although when it hits 30 degrees - Say what you want! I think Whiskers might have lower back problems - that is why she sleeps with the railing between her knees. If she had an eye mask we would be twins. I hope you have had a purrfect day as well. (sorry just had to say it)


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

CarJax said...

Hey, you could start using the word Keaton coined the other day (okay months ago now). It's "perf" as in perfect. But you could say it like, "purrf". It's a purrf day outside. Isn't that fun? :O) Great post Sis. Send me money or miles and I'm there. That would be purrf!! :O) Love U, Jax

Mer said...

Cute! And I won't be too jealous... since we just had a wonderful sunny day at the beach!

Barb said...

Hi Bonz, I am glad you are up and running on you blog these days. I have heard of the Dog days of Summer but now the Lipperts have coined the Cat days of Winter-----well why not I say. Any way I enjoy all the fun stuff you put on your blog and all the nice pictures. Keep up the good work!!
Soak up some rays for me today please. LOVE, mom

Christine said...

These are the best days of our lives! I am so glad you are blogging Bonnie...it is so nice to see your sweet family and hear about your days in your neck of the woods! I am with you...I like the warmth! The other day it was in the 60's and I was out zipping around in my car with the roof off!!! Well then the very next day it rained "Cats and Dogs!" lol