Thursday, February 12, 2009

Express Yourself

Ive been thinking about ways our family expresses love. And ways that would better express our love to each other. We are a Loving family to be sure. Saying I Love You rolls off of our tongues without any hesitation. Larry and I have been married 7 thousand 2 hundred and 40 days. Give or take a couple days. I would say on average we have said I Love You 3 times a day. That would be 21 thousand 7 hundred and 20 times we have told each other I Love You. That is alot of love being spoken. The saying "Actions speaks louder than words" is nothing to shake a stick at though. Actions are everything but words - an Action could be giving a gift, or a helping hand, taking the deliberate action of stopping what your doing and spending time with our loved ones. (thats a tough one for me) But Im on a new quest to SHOW my love to Larry, to Makayla, Nick and Allison. Every time I turn around the last couple weeks I hear about a marriage seminar being offered. I would love to go to all of them to be reminded of all the things I know already but have not put into Action. Larry and I did order a seminar on DVD called Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage. We have watched the first session and it was great!! I took our 5 Love Languages Book by Gary Chapman off the shelf this morning and read the first 3 chapters. The 5 love languages are Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service and Physical Touch. I took the test online - www.afo.net/hftw-lovetest.asp (it takes about 3 mins) I speak love in Acts of Service but that is not the love language of everyone in my family. Im reminded that I need to learn a new language or two. Happy Valentines Day - remember to spread the love around.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

I'm going to take this test now! My hubby and I have talked about how we have different love languages :)!! It'll be good to know how we can "love" on each other better!!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Bonnie, thank you for stopping by & for your very sweet comments! I'm so glad you are getting some inspiration, that's why I love to share with all of you.

We could all use more ways to show our love & Valentines Day is a good way to do that. Enjoy your weekend! I think I've got my hubby's love language figured out pretty well now.

CarJax said...

Hi Bons, Another great post! Thanks Sis. And Happy Valentine's Day to all my sweet ones down yonder. Hugs, Jax

Christine said...

First of all Bonnie - I just love you to pieces! You are such a huge Blessing to have on here! I am writing down this DVD for sure! I just ordered the "Love Dare book" and I can't wait to dive into it as well! I don't care how long any of us have done anything...there is always room to grow and be better at what we do and who we are becoming! Big huggggs to you and your sweet fam-Fam!

Mer said...

Bryan and I did "Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage" at our church. We really enjoyed it. :0)