Friday, February 6, 2009

My Quiet Place

I found a new place that feels warm even in the winter sun. The cold wind can't seem to find me here - the little knoll to my left keeps me hidden from its cold reach. This is my favorite view of the creek as it goes past our property to large rivers beyond and eventually the Gulf of Mexico. Lar has such great plans for this area - eventually a deck and a dock to sit on and fish. But for now I am content to sit on this small piece of "deck" and drink in the beauty around me. I love to watch the creek sparkle as it moves over the fallen logs. Praise and Thanksgiving to God seems to flow easy sitting here. I realized if I would just notice the weeds and the rocks and downed trees and tall grass individually it wouldn't be that pretty. But it you take in the big picture and over look all the little imperfections - I think its beautiful!! My heart just says Thank You Lord over and over. I have room on my deck for some friends so come sit with me and we can talk of God's Glory!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

CarJax said...

I'm there Sista! I think it is a lovely place too. Thanks for sharing it. Love U! Jax

Christine said...

I need a quiet spot like this. This is really beautiful Bonnie! Big hugs sweet sis!

Karen said...

If you hear your doorbell ring it just might be me coming over to hang out on the deck with you. It is gorgeous. A serene special place, where you can just "be". (sigh)
Really nice.
A great place to read!!!!! HA!
Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope your daughter loves the Janette Oke as much as I do!
HAGD! Karen