Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Photo Walk

After lunch today I grabbed my camera and went for a short walk. I love all those beautiful nature shots you see at the galleries when your on vacation. I think most people would love to be a professional photographer. Whats not to love. Being out in Gods beauty catching it at all angles. I know Nick sure has a good eye for a great shot. So today I thought I would take a photo journal of my walk. This isn't my power walk that I do to keep my thighs from jiggling. This is my peaceful walk to pray and praise and enjoy. I do not know what kind of tree this is that is breaking out in these wonderful red leaves - But I love it. It has been just begging me to take its picture. Dixie likes to go on my walks with me. She is the perfect companion. We start out together and then she looks and sniffs at all her stuff and I look and sniff at all my stuff. Then we meet back and walk home together. Dixie and Alli can run across this log with out a thought that they are 8 feet in the air - above a cold creek. The rest of the family ( that has actually crossed the log) inches along with complete knowledge of how cold that water is this time of year. I love (I heart) the rich green moss that grows along my path. I might use this picture on a Valentines day card. SSShhh - don't tell anyone. Do you ever feel like someone or something is watching you when your walking along a wooded path? Even the leaves had eyes today.


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Barb said...

Hey Bonz, I loved the natue walk but boy was I tired when I got back home and walking that log took every bit of concentration that I had but I did it----well in spirit with Dixie that is.
I loved the heart leaves and I sure hope you will send us some pictures of the Cardinals. I would love to have that colorful bird in my yard. Birding is very pleasurable to be sure. I am very happy for you all that you can get out in the winter there. We can not without freezing our bunions off so just enjoy the sunshine from the inside windows. It is very sunny & bright today. Well time to fix us some lunch so keep up the great blogging please

Mer said...

Fun!

Sit A Spell said...

First time here and I love your blog...I didn't see the follow button, so pop over to mine so I can find my way back! : )

I noticed the 4-H shirts...I was in 4-H for 10 yrs!

Loved all your nature shots! I love taking walks like that. I am past ready for spring...we've had tons of snow this winter.

Bless...Shell

Makayla said...

Hey Moma, I'd like to have a confab w/ u coff. this fri about these pics of your walk. They R GREAT!!!

Christine said...

I think you should frame the heart picture...it is so pretty! What a pretty area you live in Bonnie! I think you should frame the heart and have your first give-a-way! {hehehe}

Georgia Girl said...

Visiting from Christine's blog....love the nature pics, oh those leaves are just simply pretty the way they landed. I often look at nature and look for signs of what I see.