Monday, February 2, 2009

Sitting Room ReDo

I have been rearranging some furniture lately and thought I would share what I have
decided on so far. We did have a larger yellow couch in the sitting room prior to Christmas
but moved it into the living room over the holidays so we would have more seating for
our company. We liked it so much we left it that way. I did want to get back to my coastal
theme now that all the Christmas decorations are just a memory. I hung some distressed
shutters on either side of my picture window. I moved the floor lamp in from Lars office
and also tied some shells to my candles with some twine. It looks very beachy in there now.
I found this great sea shell vase over the weekend on clearance so I was happy to bring it
home with me. Its one of the first things you see when you come in the entry. Lar and I
spotted some pretty light fixtures at home depot the other day so a new light is on my
wish list.


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful - and the house is not bad either...

Bonnie said...

Thank you boogie -- your not so bad your self!!!

Christine said...

Hey Bon ~ your home looks like you Sweet! Your colors are soothing. YOu and your sister both have such tidy homes...can you come help me! Lots of love your way!

Christine said...

Ohhhh I hope you post your boxes on your blog! I can't wait to see them. Mine all need a face lift....come to think of it so do I!...lol

Makayla said...

Hey Mommy! Kayla here, L<3ve the blog! I read all your posts and your one about the second shift had me chocked up( for like 2 min.) ANYWHO You are great and I hope you keep up your blogging

CarJax said...

You have the touch Sister! Love your redo and love your blog makeover! Can you come redo my downstairs family room when we get it re-floored? I wish! But seriously, can you supply me with the exact name and brand of your tan and blue paints? Love U! Jax

P.S. LOL Chris. My home is not always tidy!! But you can think it is if you want to. :O)

CarJax said...

Oh yes...and perfect name for your blog!

Barb said...

Hi Bonz, it is always great to check in and see what you have been up to next. I would say you have the gift of decorating big time and I love to study it over good to see if I can get ideas. I want to start looking for light house things to put in the Seward cottage. I love the beach look and where better than at the beach. ^)^ I loved the "4 yankee's and a cajun" talk in your blog intro. Of course I liked the southern belle one too that loves sweet tea. ^)^ Keep up the good work & thanks for the nice long birthday call yesterday. No flowers yet but they will come. Big HUGS, mom

Bonnie said...

Hey Girls, thats what Im talking about. Thanks for all the nice words - I was all smiles when I saw I had 8 - count them 8 comments. Love ya