Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Makayla

Today is our sweet Makayla girls 15th birthday. We have been celebrating her for a couple days now and the fun will continue this weekend with her friends party. We had our family party with Grandma and Grandad in attendance Sunday night. We had a tasty dinner together and then opened gifts. Grandma and Grandad got Makayla this groovy purse -( all of Makaylas friends have these giraffe purses). She loved it, loved it, loved it. Grandma is a great birthday gift giver - she gives me the money I pick out the gift and then she wraps it. It works for us! After the opening of gifts we played some games together and then ended up moving the furniture out of the way and all danced. Lar and Nick took turns doing the Swing with all the girls. This morning we put a candle in her donut and sang her happy birthday. Each year the kids always get a donut for breakfast on their birthday with a candle. It starts the day off right. After I dropped Makayla off at school I ran over to Walmart and bought some roses and a balloon for her. Then Nick, Alli and I went to the school and Nick went in and delivered them to her. He was dressed in his tux shirt and top hat. "Special Delivery for Makayla Lippert." He practised that all the way to the school. He said she was all smiles and that everyone was ooohhhin and aaaaahhhing. Happy Birthday Makayla girl!!!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christine said...

Happy Birthday Makayla! Don't tell your mom this Makayla - but I am pretty sure you must be adopted! There is no way your mom is old enough to have a 15 year old!...lol I love that the brother took the flowers to school for her!

Barb said...

Hi Bonnie, thanks for the pictures and all the account of the festivities. A great sadness came over me tho as I am missing all the years of her growing up. I tried to call but the phone just rang I hope you were all out having more FUN. I love that girl soooo much and wish I could be with her and you all more. Thankfully we will get to see each other in June and in Aug all Lord willing so I will hang on until then. I will try to call again soon. LOVE, mom