Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Things I Admired on my Morning Rounds

I have posted pictures of my new flower beds Im sure - but the latest as of this past weekend are these wonderful steps Lar built for me. I just LOVE them. We worked on it together - he did the dirt work then I arranged the stones and then he put the gravel down. I had the fun part. We have a little "pad" in the background of the second picture that we want to rework soon. The previous owners built it with red concrete squares. We are thinking about taking them up - tumbling them - painting them and then laying them in a different design. Maybe with gravel in between - stay tuned for that project. From the lovely steps I moved over to the garden to admire my Tomato plants. They are just heavy with tomatoes but none have ripen yet. Im just hoping and praying they turn red before any bugs get them. I can hardly wait. Then low and behold when I turned the corner to check on my front flower beds my yellow Hibiscus was feeling foxy this morning and has 3 wonderful blooms on display. Praise the Lord for all His Beauty!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mer said...

That stone walkway is charming! Well done, Lar!

Christine said...

You two are good together! What a beautiful path you two made. I love your Yard Bonnie and what a beautiful garden. You got the green thumb for sure! Love yard can't wait to see more. Need to come visit and see this for myself!..lol