Friday, May 22, 2009

Front Yard Flower Power

We have been busy little worker bees around here lately. And we love it!!! Lar is almost done with the pool project - I will post some pictures soon. I set my hand to giving the front flower beds and porch a pick me up. It started last weekend when I bought 16 gallon size Zinnias at Home Depot. They were on SALE for 1.49 a pot normally 3.99. I have really been looking at the Zinnias but was just waiting until I found a good deal. That was a GREAT deal. I found the yellow and orange pots at Walmart. I already had one blue pot but must have left its match at our other house. So I bought a can of spray paint and painted a green pot I already had blue to match. I really enjoy the bright welcome has I go in and out the front door. Makayla helped me weed the front area and we planted some Vinca (also 1.49) for a splash of color while my other Vinca are coming up. I have close to 50 little Vinca sprouts showing their heads and they will be blooming before I know it. YEAH! I added a Crape Myrtle tree (its blossoms will be deep pink) down at the end to give me some height and jazz it up. Im just Thanking the Lord for all the great sales Ive found with this Spring! Wait until I post some pictures of our Tomato plants. WOW!!!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful, just beautiful as all I can say. You have the flare inside and outside. Go, girl,go!!

Christine said...

You really do have it going on there! Just beautiful Bonnie. I love all your flowers and planters. One of the many things on my list of things to do today is go buy some more flowers for my planter boxes. After seeing your pictures here I think I will have to move it to the top of my list now. Hugs and have a wonderful week end with the Fam Fam!

CarJax said...

I have to agree with these two lovely ladies - sooo beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us, your adoring fans. :) Hugs, Jax

Mer said...

Love the brightly colored pots! :)