Monday, May 11, 2009

A Great Mothers Day

Well yesterday was the BIG day for Moms and I felt very loved and celebrated. The fun started Sat. night when Lar took me out for a nice dinner - just the two of us. The kids all went over to Grandma and Grandad's house for pizza and a movie. We had been going non-stop Sat. so it was nice to share a quiet dinner with Lar. Sunday morning we were up early and headed out to Church. We enjoyed a great Worship service and message for Moms. Then it was home to get lunch ready to share with Grandma and Grandad. They brought ribs over to bar b que plus several other tasty side dishes. We added some corn on the cob, french bread, baked beans and choc. cake. It was a meal fit for a Queen and we all enjoyed it thoroughly. After lunch Carol and I were showered with nice cards and gifts!! With a full tummy and a chance to sit down we were all ready for a nap so Grandma and Grandad headed for home. Lar and I layed down on our bed and Makayla gave me a massage and Alli gave one to Lar. It was wonderful. At 4:30pm we got up and headed down to Slidell to see the new Star Trek movie. It was really good and alot of fun. We ate our dinner at CC's pizza and then headed home. So you can see it was a GREAT day in every way and I felt very Blessed and Thankful to have such a wonderful family.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Christine said...

Sweet pictures Bonnie!And what a sweet family. Glad you had a wonderful day...sounds like there was a lot of that going on yesterday! See ya when I get back.

Barb said...

sounds wonderful and I am thinking it could not have happened to a more deserving lady and nicer lady so GOOD FOR YOU!!!
Jax was the hostess with the mostess for our Mother's Day dinner and she is always top notch so we all had a good time.

CarJax said...

Well, good grief! How did I miss this post? I'm glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day, Bons! Cuz you deserve it. I'm also glad you have such a sweet family! Love U bunches, Jax