Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Little Women and I

A dress was bought - an idea formed as I slept. After buying Makayla her beautiful dress Saturday we intended it to be a Christmas gift. She knew nothing of the dress - Alli and I found it together. When I woke up Sunday morning the first thing I thought was wouldn't it be fun for Alli and I to each get dresses and take our Christmas pictures in our new gowns. After church I told Lar what I was thinking and he was all for it. Makayla and Nick stayed at church all day practising for a program they were involved in Sunday night. So that left the three of us free to go back to the Street Fair - Makayla still unaware. Sunday evening right before bed I told Makayla to close her eyes and wait for me in the living room. Everyone watched as I came out with her dress and told her to open her eyes. She could not believe it was for her. We all tried on our dresses and I shared with Makayla my plan. She could hardly wait for the photo shoot. Then the best surprise ever - school was cancelled Monday because of Hurricane Ida ( we were not expecting much weather from it) so we considered it a Holiday - Ida Clair School is Out Holiday. The three girls and I dressed and did our makeup and hair in my bedroom and came out transformed. Nick was a real gentlemen and excellent photographer to spend the next couple hours with us taking these pictures. I have picked out a few of my favorites to share. This first picture I am talking to the girls as if I am Marmie from Little Women. I told Meg (Makayla) to take good care of the family while I was gone and told Jo (Alli) to treasure her hair as it was her one true beauty. She was horrified by that statement. She knew I was teasing - but we did have a good laugh over it. I kissed both Meg and Jo good night last night and breathed a prayer of Thanksgiving for My little women.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Bonnie, good story and fun day & pictures. The first picture on this section of Mak & Ali walking thru the woods with their skirts hiked up and their backs to the camera is one of my favorites of the girls. You just know they are sneaking off to share some plummy gossip they have uncovered!! ^)^ LOVED all the pictures and you were/are a raving beauty My Little Woman!!! MOM

Mer said...

I love all these pictures. The last one here on this post reminds me of the three fairies in Sleeping Beauty. :)