Saturday, October 3, 2009

Running for the fun of it...

Just got home from running in a 5K race this morning. This was my second race, the last one was about 5 years ago. Since I run several times a week as my workout I thought I had a good chance to place 1st in my age bracket - 45 and older. We had 60 some runners and I came in 2 second over all female and 9th over all runner. I was thrilled with that. Our oldest daughter Makayla got up early with me this morning to keep my company and cheer me on. At the end of the race I was dieing but really wanted to keep the 2nd place female spot. I won a medal and 50.00 - wooo hooo. Im thinking about getting a Spa pedicure with my winnings or flower money. Either way Im glad I ran and thrilled with the out come.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hip hip hurray & wooohoooo, that's my girl, that's my girl!! Bonnie that is GREAT and I am not surprised one little bit. You look sooooo cute in your ball cap and running clothes. Almost like you did in high school. ^)^ Great for you and I know you are in good shape and happy for all the good your daily runs and exercise affords you. Keep up the good work. LOVE & PRIDE, mom

Mer said...

Great job! :)

Robynn's Ravings said...

WOW!!! I'm SO impressed! Great job and darling pics. :) You might like to drop by my health blog where we're trying to join together as a group to do things to improve our health - like exercise and throwing down fast food. You sound WAY ahead of some of us though! I want to be like you and be really comfortable in my body and challenge it. You have my sincere admiration.

Hey, thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment on the cat *tail*! :) Nice to meet you! Oh the 30 Day Throw Down blog is http://30daythrowdown.blogspot.com/ if you have some good advice for us or just want to stop by and hang out. Having a group effort has been great!

Blessings to you. :)